A Little R & R

October 14th, 2014 jhthom17

Hey everybody! It’s fall break now and I’m writing from my bed at home-such a nice change of scenery! It’s been great being home to take part in all of the fall time activities (apple picking, pumpkin picking, etc.) and to catch up on my work and most importantly, sleep. It’s so beautiful outside-the leaves have changed and winter is slowly approaching. I can now say with confidence that I’m ready for another intense Worcester winter (whether I like it or not).

Tomorrow morning I’m taking a bus to NYC until Saturday to visit my good friend who goes to NYU. I could not be more excited! Because most other schools don’t have the whole week off, I’ve found fall break to be a great time to go and visit friends who I haven’t seen in awhile. It’s great that we have enough time not only to visit home but also to see friends from high school.

The first weekend back after break is Family Weekend. There are a bunch of events on campus for everyone to go to with their parents and siblings. My parents are coming out Saturday and we are planning on going out to dinner on Shrewsbury Street that night, which should be delicious! Before you know it, it’ll be Thanksgiving break. This semester is flying by!

Jonathan Thompson '17