Fall Semester Fun

November 22nd, 2014 jhthom17

Hey everyone! Sorry it’s been awhile. Time really got away from me as far as my regular blogging goes. It’s been a crazy semester filled with lots of work and even more fun. Since I’ve been back from fall break, I’ve been hard at work with my classes in addition to one very large thing: I applied to study abroad! The application was due November 7th and I’m happy to say I got everything in on time. I applied to Strasbourg as my number one choice and Dijon as my number two, both in France. I’ll find out in March if I got in!

The latter half of October was pretty awesome. On October 30th, I got to celebrate my birthday with friends at my favorite restaurant on Shrewsbury Street, Via, and the next day was Halloween! I dressed up as Blue Ivy (a blue shirt with an ivy sash), otherwise known as Beyoncé and Jay Z’s baby, and a banana on the other night. Halloween is probably my favorite holiday to celebrate here at school. It’s always fun seeing what people dress up as and having a fun time.

I’ve also been working in the bookstore quite often since I last blogged. This is my first weekend off in about a month! It’s so nice to have time to breathe and get caught up on everything. I’m so excited to go home for Thanksgiving break to see my family and friends from high school. Only a few more days until I can pet my dogs and sleep in my own bed! It should be a nice break before that final push to the end of the semester. Anyway, that’s about it guys! I hope to blog again soon and hope all is well.

Jonathan Thompson '17