I Did It!

December 22nd, 2014 jhthom17

Hello everyone! I have successfully completed all of my finals and am now at home relaxing and preparing for the holiday. Between my schoolwork, extra-curriculars, applying to study abroad, and maintaining some form of a social life, it has been one hectic semester, but I’ve enjoyed every bit of it. As I relax at home I usually find now to be a good time to reflect on my time at Holy Cross: what I have enjoyed and learned, what I would have done differently, and what I am looking forward to with next semester.

This semester I learned that things will not always be easy when it comes to academics in college. I struggled a lot with my Biology class but in the end stuck it out and put in the work I had to. While the grade I receive might not be the one I’m the most pleased with this semester, in the end I am proud that I did not take the easy way out by withdrawing.

College will most definitely test you at times academically, socially, and in many other ways but it is important to remember to keep things in perspective as you move forward. In the end, my grade in this Biology class does not define who I am or what I can bring to the work force. Everyone has his or her strengths and weaknesses and in the end that’s what makes us human; discovering these is simply a part of life.

Overall, I am really excited for what’s to come as this semester closes and another opens in January. Believe it or not in just a couple days I have an interview for a summer internship! It’s hard to believe I am already thinking about what I will be up to next summer. In closing, I hope all of you enjoy your holidays and are able to spend them with the ones you love. Thank you for reading this semester and I will talk to you all very soon.

Jonathan Thompson '17