What’s Up this Semester

April 6th, 2014 jhthom17

Hello all! I’m back with another blog. It is finally spring here at HC after a long and brutal winter, which often felt as though it would never end. Now with just about a month left of classes before finals week, you can feel the spring joy in the air as students are found outside playing Frisbee, sitting together in front of Hogan, and most importantly, wearing shorts!

Remember in January when I wrote a blog about the 5 things that I was most looking forward to in spring semester? Well today I thought I would give you an update on how I’ve been doing with these thus far.

First off, the Crusader: this has probably been the activity I’ve enjoyed the most this semester. I’ve loved writing for the Opinions section and working with my peers as a co-editor. The Crusader has turned out to be a lot of work, as I have to write a minimum of 500 words per week as well as place and edit other articles in addition to my own, however I really enjoy collaborating with everyone on the staff and have found it so satisfying to see my writing published in a real newspaper.

Next up, Poetry: this class ended up being about as difficult as I thought it would be. Poetry is most definitely not my forte, but my professor has been extremely helpful in office hours and overall, I’m happy I took the class and am looking forward to taking other English classes during my sophomore year.

The weather here lately has been pretty on point. As I write this blog, outside it is sunny and breezy at 53 degrees. Like I said earlier, the winters might be brutal in Worcester, but spring is proving to be worth suffering through those cold and snowy days when you can’t wait to get inside and out of the cold.

At the beginning of the semester, I went to the Hart Center pretty often, however after coming back from spring break, I pretty much didn’t go at all during March. This first week of April, I’ve been making it a point to head to the gym more (I’ve been the past five days-woot!). I’ve even been to the fitness center in Loyola (a dorm on campus) a few times this week and will definitely be going there more as it’s location is a bit more convenient than Hart’s is for me.

Finally, my blogs: I know I was a bit more consistent last semester with the blogs, but with all of the things you have to do as a college student, it is no easy task trying to fit it all in and keeping everything under control. I will try to write a few more before the end of the school year, please keep your faith in me!

That’s all for now from Dinand Library on this bright Sunday afternoon. I wish you all a fantastic week, oh and by the way, Congrats Class of 2018! Can’t wait to see you all here in the fall!

One Response to “What’s Up this Semester”

1. Kate Naughton says:

Jon,
    So enjoy reading your blog about Holy Cross.
    It sounds like you are really enjoying it and taking all the opportunities that the college has to offer.
    Keep on writing
    Happy Spring!!!

Jonathan Thompson '17