End of Semester Recap

December 21st, 2015 jhthom17

Hey everyone! It’s been awhile! I’m sorry for the serious lack of blogs over the past two months but I’m happy to get one out to you now as the semester has come to a close.

I’ll begin with my October break. We had the last week of October off here in Strasbourg so I decided to go to Amsterdam, Oxford, and London as I said in my last blog. Each of these amazing places had such a unique personality–I loved them all! My favorite would have to be Amsterdam–the sights, the sounds, the incredible architecture; it all just blew me away! Getting to go to the Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh museum, and the Anne Frank House were my highlights. It was also great to see my good friend Megan in Oxford and then celebrate my twenty-first birthday together in London! In London, we got to see Westminster Abbey, where sadly pictures aren’t allowed anymore, the London Eye, and the Tate Modern among several other sights.

At the end of November, I was able to meet up with my friend who was studying in Istanbul this semester in Rome. This was my first time ever going to Italy and we had the best time! I got to see the Pantheon, Colosseum, Galleria Borghese, and the Roman Forum, which were all just spectacular. Rome was truly incredible, including the pizza, pasta, gelato, and cannolis I devoured!

My parents and brother arrive tomorrow! Hard to believe how quickly time has passed here. Only one semester left before I am back on American soil. For now, I am going to spend the holiday season with my family here in Strasbourg, then Zurich and finally Paris! I am so excited to show my family around Strasbourg and then experience Zurich and Paris together with them. It should be amazing. Until my return in January 2016, I wish you all the happiest of holiday seasons! Talk soon!

Jonathan Thompson '17