January on the Hill

February 1st, 2015 jhthom17

Hey everyone! I’ve been back on campus for a couple weeks now and things are finally back in full swing here. It’s been nice to get back into a regular schedule coming off a relaxed month at home.

This week has been eventful to say the least. Winter storm Juno made for quite a fun time! With classes cancelled Tuesday and most of Wednesday, everyone was out sledding and taking in the snow-covered campus. It was definitely a semester highlight. On another note, I couldn’t be more excited for my courses this semester. I’m taking American Literature, French 301, Psych 101, and Intermediate Fiction (another creative writing class). All of them have proven interesting and not too stressful thus far. I’m predicting that my creative writing class will be my favorite by the end of the semester but we’ll have to wait and see.

This semester I was promoted to Chief-Opinions editor of the Crusader, which I’m really happy about! I can’t wait to dive into work on the paper this semester. Be sure to look for our first issue online and around campus next Friday. I’m also excited to say that I received that summer internship I wrote about interviewing for back in December! I’m so happy and relieved to already know my plans for this coming summer. I hopefully can tell you all more about that when the time comes.

I hope everyone’s enjoying their weekend and has fun watching the Super Bowl tomorrow! I’ll talk to you all again soon.

Jonathan Thompson '17