My Apologies and The Crusader

March 6th, 2014 jhthom17

Hey everyone! It’s been awhile-my apologies. I have no real excuse for my hiatus other than that Holy Cross really is no joke when it comes to academics! Anyway, I am now home on spring break and couldn’t be happier. A week away from the rigors of college is just what I needed. Since I last blogged a lot has happened! I have now written four articles for The Crusader and have really enjoyed working with everyone on the writing staff. Today I want to take a moment to tell you about Holy Cross’s student-run newspaper and my responsibilities as a co-editor.

The Crusader is published weekly at HC and covers everything from national news to profiles on actual Holy Cross students. It’s a great way to get involved if you love to write like I do (and pretty cool to see your own writing published!). We are always looking for new writers to contribute! As a Co-Opinions Editor I write my own article every week by Sunday (minimum of 500 words) and edit other writers’ work to prepare for the upcoming issue. On Monday or Tuesday I go into the Crusader office where I place my own article and any articles I’ve edited on the layout in the computer. Then on Wednesday the issue gets sent to print and on Friday morning, over 1,500 copies of The Crusader are distributed throughout campus. It is quite the undertaking and I must applaud the Crusader staff for managing to create such fantastic issues week after week.

I’m going to put a link below to the Crusader website-please check it out if you’d like to read or learn more about this awesome Holy Cross publication. If you’re interested, my articles include Rethinking Celebrity, Crimes and Misdemeanors, What Are You Going to Do with That?, and Who Will Win? Have a great rest of your week everyone and think spring!

thehccrusader.com

Jonathan Thompson '17