Springtime Blog

March 28th, 2015 jhthom17

Hey everyone! I know it’s been awhile since my last blog-my apologies! I have a lot to fill you guys in on. The last time I talked to you all, winter was in full swing here in Worcester. Now that it is nearly April, spring is here and although it might be snowing out at this very moment, most of the snow has melted and the birds are out chirping again. Springtime on the hill is my favorite-the sun comes out, everyone’s happy, and spring activities are abundant!

Also, since I last blogged, over spring break I was fortunate enough to go on an Immersion trip to Camden, New Jersey. The whole experience was fantastic and something I would highly encourage everyone who goes to Holy Cross to participate in at least once. For those who might not know, every spring break several hundred HC students set out to sites across the country to do service work and to live the mission of being “men and women for and with others.” It’s a program that I found pushed me out of my comfort zone in many ways, making me think deeply about not only myself but the communities I am a part of as well as the world as a whole.

Speaking of next year, I also now finally know that I will be spending junior year abroad in Strasbourg, France! I could not be more excited to finally know that I will be spending my junior year abroad. While in France I will be staying with a host family and hope to travel and see as much of Europe as possible. I cannot wait to blog further about my experience abroad next year when I am actually in France-be sure to stay tuned! Now that we are over half way through this semester, it is hard to believe that I won’t be returning to the Hill come September, however I know that my experience abroad will be incredible and help me to become fluent in French.

That’s all for now guys-thanks for reading and I’ll talk to you again soon!

Jonathan Thompson '17